- Paper Submission Deadline: Nov. 3, 2017 (extended)
- Notification of Acceptance: Dec 4, 2017
- Camera-Ready: Jan 12, 2018
The submissions should be done via JEMS .
Call for Experience Session Papers
The NOMS 2018 symposium will include an Experience Session program. Experience Sessions will complement the Technical Sessions with contributions that emphasize practical experiences and lessons learned in applying, implementing, and deploying management technology. They will focus on aspects such as real-world deployment scenarios, experiences with the management of new services and technology, industrial applications of management technology, implementation examples of new management technology, organizational impact, and business cases. Experience Sessions are particularly aimed at decision makers and experts from industry.
Topics of Interest
Specific topics include but are not limited to the ones listed below. Please refer also to the general Call for Papers.
- Management case studies and best practices
- Issues and experiences with practical deployments
- Software Defined Networks and enabling technologies
- Open source SDN frameworks, Open Daylight, ONOS
- Experiences with OpenFlow deployments
- Orchestration for SDN controllers
- Development experience using P4
- Network function virtualization implementations
- Data center automation
- Management of cloud
- Cloud service assurance
- Management of smart grids/cities, internet of things
- Big data analytics in management
- Management of virtualized environments
- OSS/BSS development
- Virtualization of operation centers and help desks
- Organizational aspects of IT service management
- Risk management and security
- Service engineering and operational challenges
- Management of emerging networks and services
- Green management and managing energy efficiency
- Building automation and management
- Smart buildings, industrial automation and management
- Experiences with autonomic networking and self-management
- Advances in standardization
- Management information models
- Management standards and enabling technologies
- Integration technologies for management
- Managing interactive media
- Social networking infrastructure and management
- Event correlation, diagnostics, fault, performance management
- Billing and accounting models and service level management
- Business alignment of IT service management
- Experiences with Call Home frameworks
- Managed service provider issues
- Service delivery and service assurance
- Experiences with process engineering and frameworks (ITIL, eTOM, ONAP)
Submissions should be made using the JEMS conference submission system. Papers for the Experience Sessions must be written in English and adhere to one of the following two format options:
- Option 1: Annotated slides: Papers should have a visual in the upper half of a page and the explanatory text in the lower half. Paper submissions must not exceed 15 annotated visuals including title and references, in PDF only. Examples can be found here.
- Option 2: IEEE 2-column format: This is the same format as for Technical Sessions. Paper submissions must not exceed 6 pages, in PDF only. Examples can be found here. The paper submission template is available here.
The paper submission template is available on: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
Submitted papers may not be submitted for conference publication, journal publication, or be under review for any other conference or journal.
The papers accepted for publication in the Experience Sessions, and actually presented at the symposium by one of the authors (as per the IEEE no show policy), will be published in the official electronic proceedings of NOMS 2018 in IEEE Xplore.
For more information, please contact the experience session co-chairs at: email@example.com
Experience Session Co-chairs
Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada
Shingo Ata, Osaka City University, Japan
Joon-Myung Kang, Hewlett Packard Labs, USA
Chung-Ta King, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan