- Submission Deadline: Jan 15, 2018
- Acceptance Notification: Jan 25, 2018
- Camera Ready: Jan 31, 2018
The submissions should be done via JEMS .
Call For Demos
The IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, NOMS 2018 invites proposals for research prototype demonstrations. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of network and service management, NOMS 2018 offers a unique opportunity to showcase applications, engage with a highly skilled and innovating audience and discuss emerging technologies and recent research prototypes with key thought leaders.
Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, groundbreaking ideas, and novel concepts related to network and service management are welcome. In particular, we are seeking the following types of contributions:
- Demos from student authors about the concepts presented in their paper(s),
- Demos from all other authors of accepted contributions in the main conference and workshops,
- Demos from faculty and academic research groups related to NOMS 2018 key topics,
- Demos from industrial researchers.
An award for the best demo will be presented at the NOMS 2018 closing ceremony.
Submission Guidelines for Demos
Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of a 2-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to NOMS 2018 delegates and will be subsequently made available via IEEExplore. Demo papers should be submitted via JEMS by Jan 15, 2018; acceptance notifications will be sent no later than Jan 25, 2018 and camera ready versions should be uploaded via JEMS by Jan 31, 2018. The demo proposals will be reviewed by the NOMS 2018 program committee and will be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Extent and significance of the research contribution,
- Potential impact on the audience,
- Quality of the proposed implementation,
- Presentation quality.
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the NOMS 2018 main conference and present their demo at the scheduled demo session(s). Submit your proposal through JEMS now.
Please feel free to contact the demo co-chairs if you have any questions regarding to the demo content or setup